Parking & Access Within Campus
Georgetown conference guests may park in our Southwest Quad Garage. This garage can be accessed via the Canal Rd. entrance of campus (utilize 3611 Canal Rd NW, Washington, DC 20057 for GPS purposes). All entrances into campus are staffed with secuirty personnel from the Office of Transportation Management. Please understand that vehicle traffic beyond the garage entrance is not approved for conference guests.
Southwest Quad Garage Rates (Cash Only)
- Hourly Parking Rate $5.00
- Daily Parking Rate $25.00
- Daily Parking (after 3:00pm) $15.00
- Daily Parking (after 7:00pm) $9.00
- All daily passes expire at 6:00am the following day except University holidays and weekends
View the 5 different GUTS Shuttle Bus routes. GUTS busses pick up at the McDonough Bus Turnaround located next to the Thompson Athletic Center. Each shuttle route is labeled at the turnaround; simply wait by the route sign for the next bus available.
Public & Rideshare Transportation
Cabs & Rideshare
Summer guests utilizing cabs and rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.) transportation must utilize the main gate address for pickup and drop off. Non-affiliate visitors will not be granted entry at the Canal Rd. gate. Utilizing the main gates is the best option for drivers and riders!
3700 O St. NW
Washington, DC 20057
- The G2 bus stops at the university main gates at 37th & O Streets, NW and connects to the Dupont Circle metro station (Red Line).
- The D6 bus stops at the entrance to Medstar Georgetown University Hospital and the north entrance of Georgetown University along Reservoir Road. The D6 also connects to the Dupont Circle and Farragut North metro stations (Red Line) as well as Farragut West (Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines) and Metro Center (Red, Blue, Orange and Silver Lines).
- D2 bus – stops in Georgetown at 35th Street & Reservoir Road NW and connects with Glover Park and the Dupont Circle metro station (Red Line)
- 38B bus – stops in Georgetown at M Street & 34th Street NW, and connects with Rosslyn, Foggy Bottom, and Farragut West metro stations (Blue, Orange, and Silver lines) and Farragut North metro station (Red Line).
- 30s series buses (30N, 30S, 31, 33) – stops along Wisconsin Avenue in Georgetown at P Street and N Street NW, and connects with Friendship Heights and Tenleytown-AU metro stations (Red Line), as well as Foggy Bottom and Farragut West metro stations (Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines).
Capital Bikeshare is a point-to-point bike sharing system in Washington, DC. Users can pick up a bike at one docking station and park it at another, making it a great option for commuting to Georgetown University.
There is a Capital Bikeshare station outside the university main gates at 37th & O Streets, NW. Other Capital Bikeshare stations near the university are at Wisconsin Avenue & O Street, NW and Wisconsin Avenue & 34th Street, NW.
Register on the Capital Bikeshare website to become a member. Use your membership key to reserve a bike at any Capital Bikeshare station and return to any station with an open space